One Anothers of the New Testament - Part 1
That is to warn or exhort based on what we know to be true in God's
word. Notice the two resources at our disposal in this verse.
1. "you yourselves are full of goodness" - morality
2. "filled with all knowledge" - truth from the word of God.
Finally, turn to chapter 16 and we will see the last
command for this today.
V.16 ** What are Christians to do which will outwardly
manifest the unity of the body of Christ?
(7) "Greet one another with a holy kiss." cf. 1Corinthians
16:20, 2Corinthians 13:12
This practice developed as new believers in the first century church
where ostracized by their families and the body of Christ became closer
than family, in fact even replacing family, the need for support and
holy affection became very deep.
There was nothing sensual or erotic about this exchange but was merely
a genuine show of Godly affection, whether a kiss on the check or forehead
or even a hug, it would fit what Peter had in mind in 1Peter 5:14.
** What did we learn that we are to "present"
to God on a daily basis?
"....your bodies a living and holy sacrifice"
** What two word phrase described the level of commitment
** After learning that we are members of one another, what
were the one another commands for today's part one study?
1. be devoted to one another 2. give preference 3. be of the same mind
4. build up 5. accept one another 6. admonish 7. greet
to page 4 Go
to page 6