Our Mind - Part 4
A PEACEFUL MINDSET Page
Renewing Our Mind
1) "A Godly Mindset" Developed by following three
1) Deny yourself - Do not look out for your own interest!
2) Take up your cross - Be willing to suffer or die if necessary,
for Christ's sake!
3) Follow Jesus as Lord - Be obedient to His Word!
2) "A Prepared Mindset" Composed of seven elements:
1) A spiritually disciplined thoughtlife
2) Fixing our hope on eternity in Christ
3) Avoiding conforming to our old lifestyle
4) Be holy, for our God is holy
5) Develop a reverence for God
6) Living in "obedience to the Truth"
7) Life based upon the foundation of God's Word
3) "A Loving Mindset" Seen through three components:
1) Compassion - "to be moved in the inward parts"
2) Caring - Don't stop at the emotional level but respond with action
to meet the pressing need.
3) Covering the Cost - As the Lord provides for you, be willing to
share for the provision of others that He leads your way.
4) "A Peaceful Mindset" Attainable in just two steps:
1) Be anxious for nothing!
2 ) In everything, let your requests be made known to God!
** To help us better digest all that we have learned, I am going to make
a rather unusual request. Please review the above list and write down
on paper the response of your heart to just one of the Biblical "mindsets"
that we have studied. Then share that response with one of your brothers
or sisters in the Lord, so they can see how your "Renewed Mind"
is learning to think in such a way so as to bring glory to Jesus Christ.
Closing Prayer Download this Bible Study
Go to page
to Renewing Our Mind