Chapter Two, Lesson Three
REMINDING THE FLOCK Page
** Besides defeating Satan and his hosts at the cross, what
else did God do?
"...He made a public display of them..." There was a place
and time in which Satan and his hosts were displayed as having lost
** Do we know where or when that took place?
The apostle Peter gives us an insight to this majestic moment for God.
All see - 1Peter 3:18-20
V.18 - The physical body of Jesus died, while His spirit (God incarnate)
V.19 - Christ goes to the abyss and "publicly" proclaims
his victory over Satan, sin and death during His three days in the
tomb. cf. Luke 8:31
V.20 - The audience was the demonic forces which God destroyed, along
with the earth, who had polluted the earth with continual sin by mixing
with the daughters of men. cf. Genesis 6:2-4, Job 1:6, Jude 1:6-7
** Finally, back in our passage for today, how does Paul say that God
was able to triumph over this massive demonic force?
"...having triumphed over them through Him..."
We have so much for which we should give thanks, but the greatest is
for our beloved savior, Jesus Christ, through whom God gave us the victory.
** Let's recall the things on Paul's list, with which he felt it necessary
to spend time Reminding the Flock.
1) We were circumcised in our heart through faith in Jesus Christ.
2) We were buried with Christ and raised with Him through faith "in
the working of God".
3) God made us alive, when we were dead in our transgressions.
4) God has forgiven us all our transgressions.
5) God canceled and removed our debt, by nailing it to the cross of
6) Christ was victorious in paying for our sin and satan knows it!
Go to page 4 Go
to page 6