1) Satan attacks the church by blinding the minds of unbelievers
to the gospel, thereby keeping them away from the truth of Gods
cf. 2Corinthians 4:3-4
2) Satan attempts to devastate those who are already saved
by trying to destroy their faith and trust in God, which would render
them ineffective for the battle.
cf. Luke 22:31-32 and 1Peter 5:8
3) Satan attacks the church by attacking marriage and the
family. His design is to divide and conquer, to pit husband against
wife, children against parents. By attacking marriage and family,
Satan weakens the overall testimony of the church.
cf.1Corinthians 7:5, Colossians 3:19, Titus 2:3-5, Romans 1:28-30
and 2Timothy 3:2
4) Satan attacks the church through her leaders. If the leaders
of the church are not above reproach, if they do not live out a Conscientious
Effort each day they serve the Lord, they will fall
into reproach and the snare of the devil(1Timothy 3:7).
When the shepherd is destroyed, the flock will scatter. cf. Matthew
26:31 (Zechariah 13:7)
5) Satan attacks the church through false religious systems.
Liberal Christianity, the cults, world religions, and humanism are
all constant forms of attack upon Gods precious truth. cf. Acts
20:28-30 and Titus 1:10-11